Here's how you can schedule individual volunteers for your services, either one at a time or in bulk.
- Selecting the Service: Choose the service or services you want to edit.
- Schedule Volunteers: Add volunteers to the service using the scheduling interface.
- Editing Multiple Services: If you want to edit multiple services together, select them all and follow the instructions in this link.
By following these steps, you can easily manage individual scheduling for your volunteers. For more details, refer to this guide.
If your church has established teams of volunteers, you can schedule them together. Here's how:
- Set Up a Team: Create a team with the required volunteers. See this link for details.
- Schedule the Team: Assign the team to a service. For guidance, look at this link.
Scheduling teams can simplify the process, especially if you have a consistent group serving together. It's an efficient way to manage group scheduling.
Adding or Removing Service Time for a Scheduled Volunteer
Managing multiple service times? Here's how to add or remove service time for a scheduled volunteer:
- Click on Volunteer Name: This allows you to select which service time they are assigned to.
- Duplicate Positions (Optional): Create positions for different service times to organize the process.
- Unselect and Save: Simply unselect the service time you don't want, then save to update the volunteer's schedule.
This flexible approach ensures that you can manage multiple service times without any hassle, catering to the specific needs of your church.
Auto-scheduling is a handy tool for automatically assigning volunteers based on availability. Here's how to utilize it:
- Check Volunteer Availability: Ensure all volunteers' unavailability is noted.
- Use Auto-schedule: Activate the feature to automatically schedule volunteers. Details can be found here.
While useful, auto-scheduling may not fit all scenarios. For complex relationships or special cases, manual scheduling might be preferred.
Finding the Right Mix
Your church might benefit from a mix of the above solutions. Here's a brief guide:
You can use different scheduling methods for different departments and sub-departments to find the best fit for your church's unique needs.
Managing volunteer unavailability is crucial. Here's how to do it effectively:
- Volunteers Access: They can access and upload their own unavailability.
- View and Edit: You can view and edit anyone’s unavailability through People > Volunteers.
Regularly checking unavailability helps in planning and ensures you have the support needed. To see how to register your volunteer’s unavailability, visit this page.