The Calendar within Elvanto has two parts. There is the Admin Calendar found within the Admin Area, and the Member Calendar within the Member Area. The Admin Calendar is where all calendars and events are managed, and the information from the Admin Calendar is then fed to the Member Calendar.
Within the ‘Admin Calendar’ page, you can create new calendars and events, view services and scheduled notes, link your Google calendars, and even embed your calendar in other websites (like your church’s website).
Building Your Member Calendar
It may be tempting to fill your calendar with lots of options and events, but keeping the central Member Calendar free of clutter can make it easier to read. We figure it makes special events seem even more special, and you can always utilize calendar lockdowns for your individual departments.
Just go to Settings > Calendar
- Settings / Default Calendar View
Do you wish to the calendar view you would like as default - weekly or monthly view?
What day of the week would you like your week to start? (A Sunday or Monday?)
- Built-in Calendar Colors
If we have a look at the calendar again you will see that the Calendar has 4 built in calendars--
- Services - Displays any services that have been scheduled.
- Groups - Displays any groups that are meeting together.
- People Notes - These appear on an individuals calendar when it applies specifically them. Eg. A note is assigned and scheduled for them to action something, it will appear on the day it is due to be completed.
- Group Notes - Is the same as People Notes, but relating to Groups. You can then choose a default color for each Calendar type to if desired.
- Allow Guests Access
Referring to the Member Area, should guests be able to see the Calendar or should people need to to log in before gaining access to the Calendar view?
If yes, can they see all Services &/or all Groups in the Calendar?
Keep in mind that it will display every Service and Group and if enabled it will be seen by everyone, so if there are any private groups that you prefer not to display you may prefer to just display services.